Over at The Crochet Crowd they developed a game called The Stitch is Right. Here is the link: http://thecrochetcrowd.com/the-stitch-is-right-wave-game-for-crocheters/
The instructions are fairly simple. They list 8 stitches, you pick 10 colors, and then you spin the three wheels. The first wheel tells you which stitch to use, the second wheel is which color to use, and the third wheel how many times you repeat it. There are also other options on the wheel such as Post a Facebook Photo or Compliment Another’s Project (Good Karma). I haven’t been able to start yet, but I look forward to it.
The eight stitches are:
- Single Crochet Wave Stitch
- Half Double Crochet Wave Stitch
- Double Crochet Wave Stitch
- Modified Front Post Treble Wave Stitch
- Bobbles Wave Stitch
- Herringbone Wave Stitch
- Bead Wave Stitch
- Criss Cross Wave Stitch
The links will take you to the page with the instructions for each stitch.
The work turns out as a wave pattern that is described by how many chevrons in each size object.
- Custom Size Multiples of 28 + 18. Each Chevron is 28 sts and 18 sts for the sides.
- Scarves Ch 46 – 1 Chevron + Sides = 10″ Wide and Typically 70″ long for adults.
- Receiving Blanket Ch 130 – 4 Chevrons + Sides = 28″ Wide and Typically Square.
- Large Cradle Ch 102 – 3 Chevrons + Sides = 22″ Wide x 33″ Long.
- Baby Blanket Ch 186 – 6 Chevrons + Sides = 40″ Wide and Typically Square.
- Children Blanket Ch 214 – 7 Chevrons + Sides = 46″ Wide and Typically Square.
- Teenagers Blanket Ch 242 – 8 Chevrons + Sides = 52″ Wide by 60″ Long.
- Throw Afghan Ch 298 – 10 Chevrons + Sides = 64″ Wide by 70″ Long.
- Lapghans & Wheel Chairs Ch 186 – 6 Chevrons + Sides = 40″ Wide and Length of Legs